Healthier Crispy Gluten-free Zucchini Fritters made with dairy-free and grain-free ingredients for an easy and delicious veggie side!
True life, I first tested these fritters during Hanukkah and they reminded me of a healthier and less labor indecisive latke recipe. Someone please remind me to share these next holiday season so we can make them again! Jord and I enjoyed them so much during Hanukkah and instead of grating potatoes for latkes, these were super simple to make.
But HELLO friends! It is officially 2019. I am in Florida for the next couple days but I have a couple recipes in the cue to share with you when I am gone.
First up are these Healthier Crispy Gluten-free Zucchini Fritters.
We are all trying to get more veggies in these days. No matter how cliche as it is. No, I’m not speaking to new year, new you because that campaign drives me INSANE. But it is only human to want to get extra greens in when we can.
And this new recipe with zucchini, is one of my faves to make when I want veggies but also want something a little extra. Or really when I am craving onion rings (BTW I have a kick ass onion ring recipe on the blog!) and something extra savory and a little salty.
I’m still so impressed by how much these zucchini fritters crisped up. You barely need any ingredients to make them either and they are gluten, grain and dairy-free. I use a mix of cracker bread crumbs from Simple Mill’s Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers and coconut flour for breadcrumbs. Plus a lot of everything bagel seasoning all over these bad boys.
I personally prefer to “fry” them over a skillet in a little avocado oil but you can also bake them if you want to lighten them up a bit. They randomly taste really good with eggs and avocado with some sauces and feta cheese. Or maybe that is just me and my weird pregnancy mash ups – who knows.
Hope you guys are excited for some delish eats this month before I pop the little dude out in a few short weeks. I cannot wait to share more with you soon!
Healthier Crispy Gluten-free Zucchini Fritters
- Wash each zucchini well then slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the cracker breadcrumbs, coconut flour and everything bagel seasoning
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and water/milk
- In a large skillet, add about 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and make sure the skillet is coated well and turn to medium heat
- Once the skillet is warming up, begin dipping each zucchini piece in the egg mixture followed by the "breadcrumbs" then add to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, flip then cook another 2 minutes or so
- Repeat for each zucchini and make sure to add more oil to pan so it stays greasy (I only recommend avocado oil here for the high heat)
- Serve with dips and condiments of choice
*These taste best and are crispiest when just made but they still stay well in fridge for 5 days. You can reheat over stove and/or in oven