SAVORY WAFFLE FRITTERS! These are a gift from heaven you guys.
But recently, these waffle fritters have been my go-to. They remind me a fancy latke recipe (hint hint Mom, let’s make these for Hanukkah) and they are so easy to make! Plus I love how they pack in extra veggies and the ingredients are likely ones you have on hand.
Besides zucchini, I also use Organic Girl Super Spinach in these fritters. I love using this mix from Organic Girl because it combines baby spinach, kale and bok choy all in one. It is super versatile and I like getting nutrients from all three greens at once (winning!). And Organic Girl does the handwork of washing produce for you (3x to be exact) so it saves you plenty of time when it comes to rapping everything! Definitely check out all of their delicious varieties and they are sold in so many retailers!
These waffles are delicious paired with fried eggs and some hot sauce. You can also use them to make mini waffle sandwiches if you want to get real fancy 😉
WHAT YOU NEED
Savory Zucchini Waffle Fritters (gluten-free)
- 2.5 cups shredded zucchini (grated on the largest hole of a box cheese grater)
- 1/3 cup sweet onion
- 1/4 cup Organic Girl Super Spinach, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beatened
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (have not tested other flours!)
- Heat waffle iron and cover with non-stick spray/grease well
- Combine and toss shredded zucchini, onion and spinach in a large bowl
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg, coconut aminos then pour mixture into zucchini mixture, and using your hands, spatula or wooden spoon, work the mixture until fully combined
- Add coconut flour on top and fold into the mixture until fully incorporated (if too liquidy add more coconut flour!)
- Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, add about ⅓ cup of the mixture onto hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown (For me this was medium heat and the time varies according to machine. Please avoid opening and closing the waffle iron too early or it will fall apart)
- Remove waffle once cooked and enjoy! Top with fried egg, add to a breakfast bowl, anything!
- *Store in fridge for 5 days or you can also freeze them for up to a month or two.
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!