Gluten-free Dark Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls made with gluten-free oat flour, almond milk and other simple ingredients!
There isn’t a time that I’m not craving a cinnamon roll.
But really… Just ask Jord who witnesses me stop and inhale the smell of Cinnabon. Every single time we pass one in a mall or a rest stop somewhere off the highway. The smell of the fluffy buns baking with tons of cinnamon sugar is hands down one of my favorite smells in the world.
First of all, whenever I bake cinnamon rolls at home, I’m always so surprised with how close to the smell of Cinnabon they get. But really, it does shock me because I’m not using probably half the amount of sugar or butter that they are using in their buns.
After sharing a handful of cinnamon roll recipes this year, it was time to whip up Dark Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls. Combining two of my favorite things in the world with cinnamon rolls and dark chocolate with these fluffy gluten-free gems.
I love that these healthier Gluten-free Dark Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls are made with just a few simple ingredients.
We use non-dairy milk, gluten-free oat flour and I use my go-to baking chocolate chips from Enjoy Life Foods for the most epic dark chocolate filling.
So you recently read about Enjoy Life Foods in those Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. But I love how they create allergy-friendly products for literally everyone. All of their goods are certified gluten-free and free from 14 allergens. No soy, no dairy, no nuts, no nada! Needless to say they’re dark chocolate morsels are a staple in my baking life. They also make for a mean drizzle and melt super easily in the microwave.
Also these Dark Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls make for the perfect holiday breakfast recipe too. And they only take 20 minutes to whip up and if you make them, there is a 99% chance my Mom will show up. She is requesting these every single time I see her now. The real cinnamon roll queen over there.
Healthier Gluten-free Dark Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls
Dark chocolate filling
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, oat, anything!)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled*
- 2 and 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour (can sub almond, spelt, our gluten-free AP)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee, softened for greasing top of rolls once adding filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Mix together the dark chocolate filling ingredients and set aside
- Whisk together the nut milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes
- Add in the vanilla extract then melted butter and mix again
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and coconut sugar
- Then pour the wet mixture into the dry and gently mix with a spatula
- Form the dough into a round sphere and add to a floured-surface to roll it out (you can use a water bottle like I did!)
- Once the dough is in a large rectangle , about 1 inch thick, gently spread the softened butter over the dough
- Sprinkle the dark chocolate mixture on top of the dough and evenly distribute
- Roll the dough from the bottom, up and make sure you seal it well so it all stays together
- Gently slice into 8-10 rolls, then add to oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown
*or sub 4 tablespoons grass-fed ghee or solidified coconut oil, melted and cooled
Thank you Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in on the blog!