You ask and you shall receive my friends!
Your new go-to quick and easy pasta salad recipe is HERE! You guys have been asking for more lunch and dinner recipes with minimal prep work and as a new mama with very limited time, I couldn’t agree with this request more.
I have been making a variety of different pasta recipes over the past couple of months for fast and easy fuel. I love how they stay well in the fridge for a few days so I can easily heat them up or just eat them cold and at room temperature like I do for this Healthy and Hearty Greek Veggie Pasta Salad.
Greek salads are by far my favorite kind of salad ever. I used the traditional greek salad ingredients and adding in a few of my other go-to’s and tossed them in a super simple homemade dressing recipe. This whole thing took me 15 minutes to prep and make! You will need a leafy green of choice. I personally love using Organic Girl’s baby spinach or baby arugula in this recipe. It adds such a good crunch and helps me get some extra greens in. Something that I am not too good at. I find that if I leave a few kinds of Organic Girl greens in my fridge at all times, I am more likely to eat more greens since I don’t want them to ever go to waste. Crazy and weird idea? Yes, but it works!
You will also need your go-to pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, feta and I also added in roasted chickpeas for a crouton-like crunch.
Feel free to eat this recipe cold, warm it up or at room temp. Room temperature is my personal favorite way.
Healthy and Hearty Greek Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1 box gluten-free pasta of choice
- 1 box Organic Girl Baby Spinach
- 1 organic cucumber, chopped
- 2/3 cup organic tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup organic kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (I love a sheep or goat's milk one)
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas (or just use canned ones!)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions then rinse under cold water to prevent sticking
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta salad ingredients and toss well
- In a small bowl mix together dressing ingredients and mix well then pour desired amount of dressing to pasta and enjoy!
- I prefer to eat this pasta salad cold or at room temperature. Either works!
*Store leftovers in the fridge for 5 days
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to partner with brands I love on the blog!