Healthy Bakery Style Banana Muffins that are gluten-free and perfect for a breakfast treat!
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THESE BANANA MUFFINS.
Excuse my all caps but seriously these muffins are my personal top 5 favorite recipe ever on the blog. They are on point taste wise and they actually came out perfect on the first try. Something that rarely ever happens considering I tried making a galette today and wasted one too many ingredients I am sick even thinking about.
These muffins though. They are a Healthy Bakery Style Banana Spice Muffin that won’t give you no muffin top that’s fo SHO. They are made with all clean ingredients, and they are gluten and dairy-free.
I have been on a muffin kick lately over here. I love making my Healthy Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Muffins (vegan), Paleo Cinnamon Roll Muffins and those Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins too!
What ingredients you need:
Gluten-free oat flour
- These muffins are SUPER fresh so I recommend eating within 2-3 days of baking otherwise pop in fridge or freezer so they stay good longer
- Gluten-free flour is best in this recipe but oat may work. Grain-free flours will be a bit off for this
- Flax egg can likely be subbed for egg
Healthy Bakery Style Banana Spice Muffins (gluten-free)
The BEST healthy banana muffins made with all gluten-free and nut-free ingredients. Add in your favorite mix-in’s like walnuts and chocolate chips too!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 9 muffins 1x
- Category: gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: breakfast, muffin, snack
- Wet ingredients:
- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil (or just melt and cool coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line or spray a muffin tray with liners or spray well
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with kitchen aid
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with spatula (do not overmix, the batter will be lumpy and thick!)
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until fully baked (I stick toothpick in and if it comes out clean you are set)
- Keep in fridge for about 7 days in container or tin foil or freeze for longer!