These are the BEST Bakery Style Banana Muffins! Made with all gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients, these are the best healthy banana muffin recipe.
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THESE BANANA MUFFINS.
For over 5 years now – these have been *the* most popular muffin recipe on my blog. Year over year they are a crowd pleaser. And that is because it is really true what we say about them…
They really are the best healthy banana muffins you could ever make. These muffins have a light and fluffy center and the top gets golden with the most perfect muffin top that even has a little crunch to it when you take them out of the oven. You would assume there is butter involved in these, but nope!
These muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free and they are even nut-free! Such an easy recipe to make that is perfect for the whole family to snack on.
What ingredients are in these healthy banana muffins:
- Mashed banana – you will need about 3 medium ripe bananas for this recipe
- Liquid coconut oil OR avocado oil works well too if you want something more subtle
- Non-dairy milk – code RACHL for 15% off my favorite one. Or you can use whatever milk you have on hand
- Egg – I haven’t tested a flax egg here but it should work okay.
- Unsweetened applesauce – this adds subtle sweetness to the recipe and also more moisture for the ultimate texture. Kind of like a butter replacement if you will.
- Vanilla extract – a must in baking recipes especially like this one
- Gluten free oat flour – I haven’t tested a grain-free flour here. Almond may work but you’d like need some more. Spelt flour is another great pick or whole wheat flour too.
- Coconut sugar – this is the main form of sugar besides the banana. I love the texture and sweetness it adds
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon – I always add extra because cinnamon is one of my favorites!
What makes these muffins so light and fluffy? And moist!
- The ingredient combination here is so key. The bananas with the applesauce really help the moisture in this recipe!
- These muffins are light and healthier than your typical banana muffin recipe and that is from the flour that we use. And the baking powder we add helps them rise well and look like bakery-style banana muffins.
- You would also think there is butter in this recipe, but nope! We use applesauce instead to keep these muffins dairy-free.
A few other popular and healthy muffin recipes to make:
Healthy Bakery Style Banana Spice Muffins (gluten-free)
The BEST healthy banana muffins made with all gluten-free and nut-free ingredients. Add in your favorite mix-in’s like walnuts and chocolate chips too!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 9 muffins 1x
- Category: gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: breakfast, muffin, snack
- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil (or just melt and cool coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (code RACHL for 15% off)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line or spray a muffin tray with liners or spray well
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with kitchen aid
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with spatula (do not overmix, the batter will be lumpy and thick!)
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until fully baked (I stick toothpick in and if it comes out clean you are set)
- Keep in fridge for about 7 days in container or tin foil or freeze for longer!