Healthy Bakery Style Banana Spice Muffins that are gluten-free and perfect for a breakfast treat!
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THESE MUFFINS.
Excuse my all caps but seriously these muffins are my personal top 5 favorite recipe ever on the blog. They are on point taste wise and they actually came out perfect on the first try. Something that rarely ever happens considering I tried making a galette today and wasted one too many ingredients I am sick even thinking about.
These muffins though. They are a Healthy Bakery Style Banana Spice Muffin that won’t give you no muffin top that’s fo SHO. They are made with all clean ingredients, and they are gluten and dairy-free.
They also have one of my favorite beverages ever in them, REBBL. REBBL is serious GOALS. That likely doesn’t make sense to you but when I think of REBBL, I think of calm, spiritual, zen, good-for-you goods, tons of herbs and nutrients. They make the most amazing elixirs and protein beverages out there. Filled with super-herbs like maca, ashwagandha, reishi and more.
If you are on Instagram you likely are seeing these herbs everywhere – maybe you’ve even heard of them referred to as adaptogens, because they help the body adapt to stress and promote balance. They are absolutely becoming one of the most sought after products at the moment and REBBL (in my opinion) is the original cool cat. When they first told me about their products, I scratched my head with zero idea what in the world reishi was or why I needed it. They made our lives 100x easier by producing beverages that have a ton of nutrients and taste amazing.
I use some of their products in those Golden Milk Pancakes, Hazelnut Tart and Soft & Chewy Chai Spiced Oatmeal Snickerdoodles. They make the best baking or cooking addition as well as one of my favorite drinks post or pre-workout. Every week I obsess over a different flavor (like Reishi Chocolate, Matcha Latte and Maca Cold-Brew), I can’t even pick a favorite. Plus REBBL is on a mission to do some good in the world with these products (more info on that here).
WHAT YOU NEED
- These muffins are SUPER fresh so I recommend eating within 2-3 days of baking otherwise pop in fridge or freezer so they stay good longer
- If you cannot find REBBL near you, feel free to use your own Golden Milk or extra nut milk
- Gluten-free flour is best in this recipe but oat may work. Grain-free flours will be a bit off for this
- Flax egg can likely be subbed for egg
Healthy Bakery Style Banana Spice Muffins (gluten-free)
- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil (or just melt and cool coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup REBBL Golden Milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour (oat flour or regular should work)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line or spray a muffin tray with liners or spray well
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with kitchen aid
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with spatula (do not overmix, the batter will be lumpy and thick!)
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until fully baked (I stick toothpick in and if it comes out clean you are set)
- Keep in fridge for about 7 days in container or tin foil or freeze for longer!
Thank you REBBL for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!