I am back again with a carrot cake recipe to win over your hearts and stomaches.
Considering that carrot cake recipes are the only way I will eat carrots, I am constantly on a mission to whip up some new an delicious recipes using carrots. These healthy bakery-style muffins are honestly amazing and SO easy to make.
They are gluten and dairy-free and made with just a few ingredients. They were inspired by my Bakery-Style Banana Spice Muffins, which have been one of the most popular recipes on the blog. What I love about these muffins is how cake-y they are on the inside and have a crunchy muffin top (except you won’t get a muffin top from these, haha!).
I also added some Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts to the batter for an extra boost. We spoke about hemp hearts in these Fatty Avocado Cookies and Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons and have seen how versatile hemp hearts are! I used Manitoba Harvest and they have a ton of hemp varieties. Anything from favored hemp seeds to hemp protein (so yummy) and hemp oil. Their hemp hearts add 10-grams of plant-based protein per 30-gram serving (3 tablespoons) and they’re lower in carbs.
There’s no need to grind or cook Hemp Hearts either. They are ready to eat from the bag and you can incorporate to any recipe so easily!
Manitoba Harvest is the world’s largest manufacture to grow, make and sell hemp foods. They control everything from what hemp seeds get planted to how products are manufactured, packaged and distributed!
Okay, now let’s make some MUFFINNNNSS!
WHAT YOU NEED
Healthy Bakery-Style Carrot Cake Muffins
- Yield: 9 muffins 1x
- Category: gluten-free, dairy-free
- Cuisine: muffins, dessert, breakfast
- Wet ingredients:
- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas, you can likely sub unsweetened applesauce if needed)
- ⅓ cup liquid coconut oil (or just melt and cool coconut oil)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line or spray a muffin tray with liners or spray well
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with hand mixer or spoon
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with spatula (do not overmix, the batter will be lumpy and thick!)
- Fold in hemp hearts and carrots
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until fully baked (I stick toothpick in and if it comes out clean you are set)
- Keep in fridge for about 7 days in container or tin foil or freeze for longer!
Thank you Manitoba Harvest for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!