Low key obsessing over this recipe right now.
I didn’t think the healthier tater tots would exists. And I definitely did not think they would be crispy without frying them, but today we are making healthy BAKED Sweet Potato Tater Tots.
I am still scratching my head over the fact that I spent the first chunk of my life not into sweet potatoes. My mom says I loved them as a baby but unless I was munching on hash browns or curly fries, potatoes weren’t really my thing.
What I love about these is that they are almost too easy to make. You only need a few ingredients that you likely have on hand already since they are cooking staples and it’s not a huge mess in the kitchen. These tots are also vegan and paleo-friendly. All you need are 2 medium sweet potatoes, almond flour and a few spices! Plus you will need Sir Kensington’s Ketchup for dipping. What’s a tater tot without ketchup, right?!
I served Sir Kensington’s and their fabulous squeeze bottle ketchup with these healthy baked Sweet Potato Tater Tots. I always have Sir Kensington’s products on hand but especially their ketchup. It doesn’t have any high fructose corn syrup (ya, most ketchups do!) and they start with real tomatoes! They’re non-GMO verified and you can get fancy with their glass bottle or use the squeezable one. Plus they have a spicy ketchup, Jalapeño Heat, if you want to get really crazy when you enjoy the tots!
Sir Kensington’s has been an amazing brand partner of mine for the past year and I have some delicious things coming out featuring their products this year. They also have some exciting new products launching that I cannot wait to share with you so soon! But in the meantime, enjoy these Sweet Potato Tater Tots and their fabulous ketchup for dipping!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sir Kensington's Ketchup for dipping!
- Boil a large pot of water and add washed sweet potato to the pot
- Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes then remove to cutting board lined with paper towel
- Let the sweet potatoes cool (you can do this overnight or add to fridge to cool quickly)
- Using a fork mash the sweet potatoes well so they are in puree form
- In a small bowl add the almond flour and spices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Using your hands form into small tater tots and the dip into seasoning then add to a baking tray
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes then flip and serve for another 20 minutes
- Enjoy with Sir Kensington's Ketchup!
Thank you Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in to support the blog!