So I am not really a huge “Fall” gal.
I know, shocker. Basic white girl over here isn’t obsessed with Fall. I am 100% a summer girl (thank you raynaud’s). Everything about summer just gets me. I love the warm weather, the feel of things are just easier and of course I get to wear white nail polish every week..That is until my finger nails turn yellow from baking and cooking 24/7.
Now don’t get me wrong, Fall has it’s perks. Like the REALLY early stages of Fall. Basically I love September and then when it gets “crisp” in the air I’m like buh bye, time to hibernate until May.
Eating 100 juicy apples (team honey crisp), going to Central Park to see the leaves change and eating bagels for Yom Kippur are pretty much my favorite Fall activities. I don’t get all tingly inside about a PSL since I don’t drink coffee and I’m not a huge Halloween fan. Plus isn’t it Halloween everyday? Or am I the only one who eats Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups daily?
..Don’t answer that
I will probably be making this Paleo Cinnamon Apple Streusel Bread all year around but it’s basically mandatory blogger world to post apple and pumpkin recipes for the next couple of months. I promise you still have a ton of chocolate and peanut butter coming your way though, don’t fret.
This apple bread was inspired by my Mom’s apple cake. Made with the standard baking suspects like butter, flour, sugar, etc. My loaf is made with our usually suspects — coconut flour, coconut oil, you know the drill.. I was shocked when my Dad enjoyed this paleo loaf since he is the number #1 “traditional” dessert kinda guy.
If you make this apple bread, let me know! I can’t wait to hear what you think..
Paleo Cinnamon Apple Streusel Bread
- 3 pasture-raised eggs (I haven't tested flax egg)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (I use organic)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter (or your nut butter of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour (have not tested other flours!)
- 1 medium apple, diced and peeled (I used organic honey crisp)
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nut meg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts (can sub another nut of choice, pecans are great in this)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or spray a loaf pan with parchment paper (I used 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5)
- Mix together wet ingredients with Kitchen Aid or hand mixer
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with spatula
- Fold in walnuts
- Mix together crumb topping
- Pour batter into a bread dish and top with crumb topping
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (stick tooth pick in and should come out clean)
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!