The excitement over the zucchini waffles fritters had me itching to try even more savory waffles in the kitchen. These Paleo Savory Veggie Waffles are SO GOOD you guys!
They are so underrated and so flavorful and easy to make! I love making the zucchini ones but also am loving these sweet potato ones. They are amazing with some fried eggs on top or even to make a waffle sandwich with!
They are paleo so no grain, gluten or dairy in them! I use coconut flour, eggs, and even snuck in some greens in there. I use Organic Girl Baby Spinach to get some extra veggies in the serving. I personally am not the best at having greens more than once a day, so sneaking them into recipes like these waffles are such an easy way to eat them. You can really use any of Organic Girl’s greens in them but the baby spinach was delicious in them.
These waffles also turned out extra crispy because I greased the waffle maker with avocado oil. This obviously optional but I like a little extra crisp with these to make them more fritter-like.
Make sure that you use sweet potatoes that are not roasted! I just used grated sweet potato from washed and uncooked sweet potatoes. I have not tested these with cook potatoes and I do not think they will work as nicely!
When you make these, they do stay good in the fridge or freezer so no worries if you have left over. I froze a bunch of them and it was like an easy sweet potato hash brown to enjoy when we defrosted/reheated them on the stove.
WHAT YOU NEED
Sweet potatoes (not cooked!)
Savory Paleo Veggie Breakfast Waffles (vegetarian + gf)
- 3 cups grated sweet potatoes (not roasted)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup chopped Organic Girl Spinach
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, add grated sweet potatoes, eggs, spinach, coconut flour, scallion and garlic powder and mix well with spoon
- Heat waffle iron per directions and grease well (this is key with mine for crispiness)
- Add ¼ cup of waffle water to the waffle iron and heat on medium setting
- Once ready remove and add to plate then repeat directions until all batter is used
- Top with eggs or pair with breakfast (makes a fun latke variety too!)
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!