WHYYYYy have I not been making coconut butter every single week for the past decade?
Seriously though, this is so easy to make I am pinching myself for being late to the game. In fact, I only even whipped up some coconut butter because a few of you genius humans recommended it to me when I asked if anyone had a favorite coconut butter brand.
I’m all about cutting corners and buying some things ready-to-eat instead of making them at home. Usually I buy my own nut butter, nut milk, etc. but after trying my own coconut butter at home and see how easy it was, I am obsessed.
The best part is that you only need ONE ingredient – that’s it! And it only takes 10 minutes max to whip up. I also find it a lot more cost efficient since coconut flakes aren’t as expensive as most nuts are in bulk either.
This tutorial is almost too easy that I feel weird even calling it a recipe. AKA why I named this “how to” instead.
I love pairing coconut butter with some of my Creamy Banana Bread Chia Seed Pudding (vegan + gluten-free), 6-ingredient Paleo Banana Breakfast Pudding (gluten-free) and smearing some on top of One-Bowl Paleo Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. It is a great nut-free option to have around and handy in the kitchen.
I hope you guys love this as much as we have. And not to mention, Ez is even a fan since we starting giving him solids!
How to Make the Easiest Homemade Coconut Butter
- Add coconut flakes to food processor and turn on to pulse
- Allow the processor to pulse the coconut shreds for about 5 minutes then gently scrap down the sides of it
- Blend in food processor for another 3-5 minutes or until creamy
- If you are adding in any add-in's do so now then blend another minute
- Store in airtight jar for about 2 weeks on counter (don't store in fridge or it will harden)
**I am planning to try toasted coconut flakes yet. I bet that would be so delicious!