My love for banana bread is by no means a surprise to you guys. We have over 16 varieties of banana bread on the blog but this is the very first truffle banana bread version.
I am so excited about the recipe for a few reasons.
First of, it is made with only seven ingredients. Number two, it is grain-free, plant-based, and contrary to how it sounds, it is made with all good ingredients. We are giving banana bread and truffles a bit of a new meaning today.
These truffles also have an extra creamy texture and delicious flavor from New Barn’s Barista Blend. You likely remember the barista blend from the Magical No-Coffee Cacao Collagen latte last month and we are using it again today.
New Barn’s Barista Blend is quite special. It not only can be used in beverages or coffee-like drinks, but it is so amazing to bake and cook with because of how creamy and flavorful it is. Plus NB Barista Blend taste and texture come from more almonds (3x more than other brands), it is organic and there aren’t added flavors or loads of gums involved. They also use organic cane sugar to create and maintain the structure of the micro-foam and so the blend doesn’t separate when it is blended.
I found NB Barista Blend at my local Whole Foods. They not only serve it at Allegro coffee (the coffee shops in Whole Foods) but the Barista Blend is also now in the almond milk section so you can take it home to use.
WHAT YOU NEED
Cacao butter (can sub coconut oil or a nut butter too)
No-Bake Cacao Chip Banana Bread Bites (vegan + gluten-free)
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1.25 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup New Barn Barista Blend
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- In a food processor or blender add all ingredients
- Pulse/blend until ingredients are well combined and the dough rolls into a big ball while pulsing
- Scoop out about 1-2 tablespoons for each bite and add to tupperware or container of choice
- You can also drizzle some chocolate on top if desired (I used Eating Evolved Midnight Cacao)
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes then enjoy!
- *Store in fridge for about a week or freezer for a couple months
Thank you New Barn for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!