This Paleo Salted Caramel Brownie Skillet is the best most fudgey chocolatey brownie recipe ever. Plus it is lower in sugar and is made with all gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free ingredients.
The limit for brownie recipes on the blog does not exist friends!
There are oh so many brownie recipes to choose from over here like Healthy Gluten-free Cheesecake Brownies (grain-free), The Best Ever Grain-free Brownie Recipe and Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies (dairy-free).
But this Paleo Salted Caramel Brownie Skillet is by far one of the most insane brownie recipes out there. It has a dreamy salted caramel sauce on the bottom of it and drizzled on top. Plus it is so fudgey and cakey and the melted chocolate inside the batter is too die for.
Healthy and delicious brownies do exist and these even have zero refined sugar.
When I tell people that I make healthy brownies, they almost think it is an oxymoron. But these my friends are made with all gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free ingredients.
The real trick in making brownies extra epic though is adding some melted Hu Dark Chocolate Gems in the batter. Their gems are like a healthier version of chocolate chips. No refined sugars, no weird ingredients and they melt more beautifully than any other chocolate chip this girl has ever seen. I love adding some on top after the brownies bake too and they get all melted and dreamy too.
You only need a few ingredients to make this Paleo Salted Caramel Brownie Skillet:
- Creamy almond butter
- Liquid coconut oil
- Maple syrup (or honey)
- Coconut sugar
- Eggs (I haven’t tested flax eggs)
- Cacao powder
- Almond flour (I haven’t tested another flour)
- Hu Dark Chocolate Gems (code RACHL for free shipping)
I hope you guys love these as much as we do! And believe or not there are even more brownie recipes in Just the Good Stuff!
Paleo Salted Caramel Brownie Skillet (low in sugar)
This Paleo Salted Caramel Brownie Skillet is the best and most fudgey brownie recipe ever. Such a delicious grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free brownie that has no refined sugar (the best healthy brownies to bake!)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (with sea salt is preferred – I love this one – code RACHL for free shipping)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 3 pasture-raised eggs*
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1.5 cups almond flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Hu Dark Chocolate Gems (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10 inch skillet well (can also use 9×9 or 8×8 but bake time may vary)
- In a small bowl, mix together the caramel ingredients and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, eggs and sugar until creamy
- Add in the cacao powder, almond flour and baking powder and mix well so there are no lumps (batter may be a little thick!)
- Melt the chocolate gems in the batter until well combined (this is so key and makes the brownies SO chocolatey)
- Spread an even layer of caramel on the bottom of the skillet (leave a little left if you want for topping) then add the brownie batter and the rest of the caramel
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- Drizzle caramel sauce if desired and add some more chocolate gems
- Slice and enjoy!
*I haven’t tested flax eggs or another flour