Sharing the BEST Cauliflower Pizza Crust ever! This recipe uses frozen cauliflower rice and it is also paleo, dairy-free and this cauliflower crust is extra crispy and doesn’t fall apart.
I know what you are thinking…
“Cauliflower pizza crust is sooo 5 years ago”.
And while it definitely has become more “mainstream” in the last few years, it isn’t something that is easy to perfect. I myself have had my fair share of cauliflower pizza and more often than not I don’t enjoy the crust.
Most cauliflower crust tends to get soggy, breaks and isn’t crispy. But not this one!
This cauliflower pizza crust is the best. It is dairy-free, made with almond flour, coconut flour and has a crisp to it. Plus you use frozen cauliflower rice, so no added mess in the kitchen.
I love that this crust is versatile too. You can use any toppings you want when you make it. Here you will see tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and some pesto. I kept things super simple but you can also use a dairy-free cheese. And you can add some extra protein or veggies on top too.
And to top it off.. Ezra enjoyed this recipe so much. He had 2 slices and kept saying “ma ma ma” Aka “more more more”.
I can assure you that this recipe will “wow” you and if you were ever hesitant on cauliflower crust or had a soggy one – you will love this one.
I also noticed that a lot of the crusts on the market and in restaurants are made with ingredients you really don’t need. This one is simple, healthy and delicious!
What you need to make this insanely good cauliflower pizza crust:
- Frozen cauliflower rice – I bought the organic one from Trader Joe’s. I used frozen and didn’t have to squeeze out the moisture either!
- Eggs – I don’t recommend flax egg here, it may not stay together as well
- Almond flour or meal – I haven’t tested another flour but this blog post on almond flour is very helpful to reference!
- Ground flaxseed – a secret ingredient to help make the crust a little thicker and not to get as soggy
- Coconut flour – a must here! Coconut flour absorbs wet ingredients, which helps the crust not get soggy too
- Spices – I use garlic powder, oregano and onion powder
I also have a really really good spaghetti squash pizza crust in my cookbook, Just the Good Stuff!Print
The BEST Cauliflower Pizza Crust (dairy-free + gluten-free)
Sharing the BEST Cauliflower Pizza Crust ever! This recipe uses frozen cauliflower rice and it is also gluten-free, dairy-free and this cauliflower crust is extra crispy and doesn’t fall apart.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: Serves 3-4 1x
- 2 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower rice (I used the trader joe’s organic bag)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder, oregano, onion powder
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- Any toppings you’d like! I used tomato sauce, pesto and cheese on this one. I love adding roasted veggies and some sausage too
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a bit
- In a microwave safe bowl, cook the cauliflower rice for about 2 minutes or until it isn’t frozen anymore
- Allow the rice to cool for a few and begin whisking together the eggs and spices in a large bowl
- Mix in the cauliflower and evenly combine
- Mix in the flours and flaxseed
- Add dough to baking sheet and press down firmly to form crust (any shape works!) The more you press down, the thinner the crust will be too!
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until edges are golden
- Add toppings then bake again for 8-10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
*I haven’t tested any flour or egg subs
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days