The Best Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes made with gluten and nut-free ingredients like oat flour, coconut sugar and topped with a delicious chocolate glaze.
Say hey, what’s up, hello to the new dessert on the block. These healthy homemade chocolate CUPCAKES.
I’m not sure what has taken me so long to whip up some homemade chocolate cupcakes before. These were so easy to make and I love they are super allergy-friendly.
These Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes are gluten-free, nut-free and topped with a melted chocolatey coating.
These are one of those recipes you will want to keep coming back to to make over and over again.
Have a birthday party you want to bake for? These cupcakes gotchu
Had a rough day and just want something delicious and chocolatey? These are it
Craving cupcakes after dinner? These healthy cupcakes are ready in less than 25 minutes!
Now let’s run though what ingredients you will need to bake these cupcakes..
- Pasture-raised eggs – I haven’t tested flax eggs but they should work
- Liquid coconut oil – or just melted solid coconut oil and let it cool
- Gluten-free oat flour – I haven’t tested another flour here
- Cacao powder
- Dark chocolate chips – I used these. Code RACHL for free shipping
- Vital Proteins Hot Coco Collagen Latte – I love adding these to thicken the chocolate a bit before coating the cupcakes. It’s optional but a great way to sneak in your collagen, which you guys know I love to do
My other favorite recipes using collagen: 4-ingredient Blueberry Collagen Jam (no added sugar)+ Gluten-free Breakfast Pizza with an Oatmeal Crust
The Best Healthy Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcakes
The Best Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes made with gluten + nut-free ingredients like oat flour, coconut sugar and topped with a delicious chocolate glaze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 18-20 mins
- Total Time: 23-25 mins
Yield: 6-7 cupcakes 1x
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and coconut sugar until smooth
- Mix cacao powder, oat flour and baking powder and mix until smooth and creamy
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or stove top and pour about half of the chocolate into the batter and mix
- Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full and bake in oven for 18-20 minutes (stick a toothpick in center to see if it is ready)
- Mix in the collagen in the melted chocolate chips and mix well
- Once cupcakes are cooled, dip each in the melted chocolate and allow it it set for a few then enjoy!
*I haven’t tested flax eggs or another flour
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post!