The Easiest 5-minute Paleo Oatmeal Recipe made with just 7 gluten and dairy-free ingredients.
Paleo Oatmeal is kind of an oxymoron, I know…
But there is something about this paleo craze that has got my wheels turning. I mentioned a few weeks ago in my Grain-free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread post that I was going to start experimenting with some more paleo recipes. This isn’t because I am going paleo but because I love the challenge of creating foods that traditionally aren’t paleo, and giving it that paleo twist.
Oatmeal is basically the definition of not paleo considering it is a grain. But, in my opinion, anyone following the paleo diet must miss oatmeal in some form. The traditional hearty bowl of oatmeal topped with your favorite fruit, nuts & toppings is a standard breakfast item. It is so versatile, so delicious and filled with good-for-you ingredients.
When I first started researching Paleo-friendly oatmeal recipes, many used eggs in them and they were either microwaved or scrambled of sorts to get that fluffy consistency.
I am not one to put eggs in my oatmeal, so I wasn’t crazy about putting eggs in my PaleOatmeal either. I wanted this to be a plant based recipe with little to no prep or cooking involved. Less is more in my opinion.
This Paleo Oatmeal recipe uses only 7 easy ingredients and it is ready in just 5 minutes! So fast, it is crazy.
There is no stove involved, no scrambling and you only dirty up your NutriBullet or blender. You will only need a ripe banana, your favorite nut milk, chia seeds, coconut oil, almond flour, unsweetened coconut flakes & cinnamon (all the cinnamon, please).
Experimenting with paleo recipes has seriously been a little too much fun. These Paleo Carrot Cake Pancakes, Paleo & Nut Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread & No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars are a few of my personal fav recipes.
Some FAQ about Paleo/Grain-free Oatmeal:
- Why isn’t traditional oatmeal paleo? The paleo diet doesn’t consist of grains and oatmeal made with oats (a grain).
- What are some paleo breakfast recipes? My Paleo Pumpkin Mini Muffins (gluten-free + kid-friendly!), Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (vegan) and The Easiest Homemade Paleo Everything Bagels are a few of my favorites!
- What are some toppings to add to this recipe? I am all about the toppings for everything! I love sprinkling grain-free granola on top, creamy nut butter and some fresh fruit or a dollop of coconut yogurt!
- What are some paleo staples to keep on hand? Almond flour is my go-to paleo flour and is easier to use than coconut. Also tahini or almond butter is great to keep around instead of peanut butter. Oh and epic amounts of coconut oil!
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: paleo, grain free, gluten free, vegan
- Cuisine: breakfast, snack
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Place banana and almond milk in NutriBullet or blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend for another 20 seconds or so until well combined
- Pour in a bowl and enjoy cold or heat in microwave
- Top with desired toppings
- You can also make the night before and enjoy the next day
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx