The Most Magical Magic Cookie Bars made with all vegan and paleo ingredients. A healthier twist on magic cookie bars with a doughy cookie base and pecan, chocolate and coconut topping!
These perfect magical cookie bars are JUST what this fine Friday needs. Or really any day for that matter.
I never had a magic cookie bar until I went to college and my school cafeteria served them. My best friend, Marley, was absolutely obsessed. I was more of a standard cookie fan and the one buying the homemade rice crispy treats. But these magic cookie bars were always a hit with everyone.
I wanted to make a healthier version with my own little spin on magic cookie bars.
These Magic Cookie Bars are made with ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour, sweetened with maple syrup and they happen to be gluten-free and dairy-free too.
You’ll notice that this recipe also has more of a doughy cookie base than the usual recipe. You guys know at this point I live for my dough cookies (hello The BEST Doughy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (paleo + vegan) and Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (paleo + vegan)). And I love that under all of the crunchy toppings, you have this melt-in-your-mouth cookie base.
What ingredients you’ll need to bake these:
- Almond flour or almond meal (I haven’t tried another sub here)
- Coconut flour (I haven’t tried another sub here)
- Arrowroot or tapioca flour
- Maple syrup or honey
- Liquid coconut oil
- Creamy pecan or almond butter (these two add the best flavor!)
- Dark chocolate chips (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
The Most Magical Magic Cookie Bars (paleo + vegan)
The Most Magical Magic Cookie Bars made with all vegan, gluten-free and paleo ingredients. A healthier twist on magic cookie bars with a doughy cookie base and pecan, chocolate and coconut topping!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 50 mins 1x
- 3/4 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line and grease a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca flour until combined
- Mix in the coconut oil and maple syrup until fully combined
- Add to baking dish and press down with clean hands
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes
- Warm the maple syrup and pecan butter over medium heat to fully combine/melt. Once melted, remove from heat
- Remove bread dish from oven then add chocolate chips on top on smear across the cookie base, sprinkle pecans and coconut on top followed by the pecan butter mixture
- Add back to oven and bake for 20 more minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool if you can, slice and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 5 days or freezer for longer
**I haven’t tested flour subs
***You can bake these in an 8×8 dish too, just adjust baking time accordingly and you may need more toppings 🙂