Gluten-free Pecan Carrot Cookie Cake made with less than 10 ingredients for an easy and healthy carrot cake dessert.
The carrot cake binge continues friends!
When the only way you’ll eat carrots is when their hidden in a dessert, you have to get creative in the kitchen 😉 And this Gluten-free Pecan Carrot Cookie Cake is absolutely insane and officially my go-to dessert right now. It isn’t often a dessert recipe satisfies me that doesn’t have chocolate in it but this recipe hits the spot.
This carrot cookie cake has a crunchy outside and that soft gooey cookie center we all love. Plus you can top it off with some ice cream of choice or even some creamy coconut yogurt for a little fancy snack or dessert actions.
Did I mention you only need to dirty one bowl to make this recipe too? Easy prep, easy clean up and you are set.
This healthy carrot cake cookie recipe is filled with all my favorites!
I also add in some of my favorite Vital Protein’s collagen peptides. You guys know my obsession with collagen peptides and baking with it. I love sneaking it into recipes because it adds extra protein and dissolves right into the batter. I use the regular collagen peptides here so it doesn’t add any flavor either. Just all the benefits to consuming some extra collagen in our diets (more on that here).
My Gluten-free Pecan Carrot Cookie Cake is egg-free, gluten-free and even dairy-free for ya. No refined sugar either and we just use a little coconut sugar to sweeten it up a bit. I love using to sweeten recipes a little without making them too too sweet.
This recipe is perfect to serve for Easter or really any spring brunch or get together for that matter. I hope you guys love!Print
Gluten-free Pecan Carrot Cookie Cake (dairy-free)
Gluten-free Pecan Carrot Cookie Cake made with less than 10 ingredients for an easy and healthy carrot cake cookie skillet recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 slices 1x
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter
- 1/4 cup liquid oil of choice (coconut and avocado both work!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg (or sub pasture-raised egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups almond flour (I haven’t tested other flours! Sub at your own risk!)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 or 9 inch pie dish or skillet with oil
- Mix together the nut butter, oil, applesauce, egg and vanilla until creamy
- Mix in the almond flour, coconut sugar, collagen, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder until smooth and well combined
- Fold in the carrots and pecans then add batter to baking dish
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly
- Allow the cake to cool for few minutes then slice and enjoy!
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and use daily!