Sharing the easiest Healthy Gluten-free Smash Cake perfect for your 1 year old’s birthday and ready in just 15 minutes! Plus there is no added sugar in this recipe. It is also Egg-free, nut-free, dairy-free and vegan.
EZRA TURNS ONE BABY!
It wasn’t even a question whether or not I would be making my bubba’s smash cake for his 1st birthday. We are having a party here in Hoboken with friends and family and I will be making homemade rice crispy treats (classic kind with an organic twist) and we have a big cake for everyone. Then Ezra’s perfect little cake that I cannot wait to see him smash.
This smash cake is super easy to make and it is much healthier than store bought kinds. It is also vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and has no added sugar.
Believe me mamas and papas – I get it. We don’t have time to make a cake and all that jazz. Or maybe baking is your worst nightmare. But this homemade smash cake is ready in just 15 minutes and you only need 5 ingredients. It is so simple to bake at home. And you can even cheat and buy a store bought organic frosting to make it easier. Plus I add some healthier sprinkles I found that have a pretty solid ingredient run down, I was impressed. And they taste so good!
You can prepare this cake a couple days in advance too to save time before the 1st birthday party.
Ezra’s party is on Saturday and I baked it on Thursday. I’m storing it in the fridge for the next couple of days. Then I will let it thaw out to room temperature a few hours before the party starts. I was not about to add baking a cake to my list of things to do on Saturday to get ready for the party. Especially when I thought we were having 25 people and it turns out to be 55?! (oops).
If you try this cake recipe for your bubba, let me know! I will be sharing some photos of Ezra smashing his cake over on Instagram this weekend 🙂Print
Healthy Gluten-free Smash Cake (no added sugar)
Sharing the easiest Healthy Gluten-free Smash Cake perfect for your 1 year old’s birthday and ready in just 15 minutes! Plus there is no added sugar in this recipe. It is also Egg-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 4-inch round cake pans
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas then add in the applesauce and coconut oil and mix well
- Mix in the oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon until smooth and well combined
- Evenly distribute cake batter to pans and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until ready (I stick a toothpick in)
- Allow the cakes to cool completely then gently remove one cake from pan and add to plate and spread frosting on top then add additional cake and repeat for the remaining cakes
- Frost the cake in its entirety then add sprinkles if desired
*This cake will stay good for 3-4 days (I recommend keeping in fridge)