Almond Flour Banana Bread made with all paleo ingredients. A delicious banana-sweetened love perfect for the whole family.
The banana bread obsession continues.
It is crazy to think that I pretty much built my blog and Instagram around a love for all things banana bread. I am forever obsessed with baking and eating banana breads and to be honest, they are some of the most popular recipes here on the blog.
Why do I love banana bread so much?
Banana breads are perfect for an easy breakfast with some nut butter, yogurt and granola on top. They are also delicious for an easy snack or for dessert. And with feeding Ezra, Jordan and myself, I am all about making recipes that can last us for days.
We always have bananas on the grocery list so they are always in the kitchen. I wait a couple of days for them to freckle or I pop them in the oven to ripen faster (more on that in Just the Good Stuff).
This Almond Flour Banana Bread is a healthy banana bread made with all paleo ingredients. Only 5 key ingredients needed too!
Let’s talk a bit more about the ingredients that you will need to bake this loaf:
- Banana. The main star of the show. The more ripe the better so the loaf has natural sweetness.
- Eggs. I use pasture-raised eggs in this recipe but you can also use flax egg if you prefer.
- Coconut oil. Just a couple tablespoons needed. Feel free to sub avocado oil if you prefer too.
- Creamy nut butter. Any kind works! I love using cashew or almond in this but you can use peanut, tahini, anything!
- Almond flour or almond meal. Both of these options work well. I don’t recommend subbing coconut flour.
In case you are craving even more banana bread, a few of my favorites are: The Dreamiest Vegan Banana Bread Crumb Cake (gluten-free), Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Nut Free) and Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread (gluten-free + nut-free)
Simple Almond Flour Banana Bread (paleo)
Almond Flour Banana Bread made with all gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free ingredients. A delicious banana bread the whole family can enjoy (plus no added sugar!)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
Yield: 8-10 slices 1x
- 3 pasture-raised eggs, at room temperature
- 2 ripe bananas (about 1 cup banana)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread dish with parchment paper + grease
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, banana, oil, nut butter and vanilla until creamy
- Mix in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder until smooth (you can also mix in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts if desired!)
- Add to bread dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean!)
- Allow the bread to cool then slice and enjoy
*I haven’t tested any subs
**Store in airtight container for 5 days or freezer for longer
There’s no “pin me” button on the recipes anymore 🙁 I can’t save it
Loved this recipe, so simple and faintly sweet! Perfect afternoon snack. Thank you Rachel!
Uh-mazing simple banana bread recipe! I always have the problem of making my bread too watery and turning out like banana pudding but this recipe has the perfect ingredients to make it sweet yet still fluffy. Highly recommend!
awww thanks boo!!!
Can I use a loaf pan to bake?
yes same thing 😉
Can I omit the almond butter?
I don’t have coconut oil..what can I use instead and will the results be the same?
I made this in a small bread loaf and it was perfect! Added a little bit of maple syrup since my bananas weren’t insanely ripe. So delicious!
I just made this and absolutely loved it!! The bananas add just the right touch of sweetness. I also added some sugar-free dark chocolate chips as an extra touch and it was to die for!!
aw YAY please rate it if you can 🙂
Definitely not my favorite recipe. I tried it and it was completely tasteless and inedible. Not sure what went wrong, every other recipe I’ve made from the blog has been fantastic.
Yum this was so good ! Made it twice already…
awwww thank you!!!
I made this but did two Tbs of brown butter rather than coconut oil and doubled the cinnamon. It was delicious!
Perfect not sweet in a good way and simple yay thanks
I have made this recipe at least 4 times. I love it! Sometimes I add some nuts to mix it up. So simple and delicious
Went together easily, all in one bowl! The ratio of almond flour to bananas was a little high for me. I think I might try it with a bit less flour next time? And I didn’t read the comment about using browned butter until after I made it. Great idea! I also loved the extra banana on top since I had another overripe banana to use and it looks so cool.
Can you add blueberries to this and it bakes the same?