Almond Flour Banana Bread made with all paleo ingredients. A delicious banana-sweetened love perfect for the whole family.
The banana bread obsession continues.
It is crazy to think that I pretty much built my blog and Instagram around a love for all things banana bread. I am forever obsessed with baking and eating banana breads and to be honest, they are some of the most popular recipes here on the blog.
Why do I love banana bread so much?
Banana breads are perfect for an easy breakfast with some nut butter, yogurt and granola on top. They are also delicious for an easy snack or for dessert. And with feeding Ezra, Jordan and myself, I am all about making recipes that can last us for days.
We always have bananas on the grocery list so they are always in the kitchen. I wait a couple of days for them to freckle or I pop them in the oven to ripen faster (more on that in Just the Good Stuff).
This Almond Flour Banana Bread is a healthy banana bread made with all paleo ingredients. Only 5 key ingredients needed too!
Let’s talk a bit more about the ingredients that you will need to bake this loaf:
- Banana. The main star of the show. The more ripe the better so the loaf has natural sweetness.
- Eggs. I use pasture-raised eggs in this recipe but you can also use flax egg if you prefer.
- Coconut oil. Just a couple tablespoons needed. Feel free to sub avocado oil if you prefer too.
- Creamy nut butter. Any kind works! I love using cashew or almond in this but you can use peanut, tahini, anything!
- Almond flour or almond meal. Both of these options work well. I don’t recommend subbing coconut flour.
In case you are craving even more banana bread, a few of my favorites are: The Dreamiest Vegan Banana Bread Crumb Cake (gluten-free), Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Nut Free) and Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread (gluten-free + nut-free)
Simple Almond Flour Banana Bread (paleo)
Almond Flour Banana Bread made with all gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free ingredients. A delicious banana bread the whole family can enjoy (plus no added sugar!)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
Yield: 8-10 slices 1x
- 3 pasture-raised eggs, at room temperature
- 2 ripe bananas (about 1 cup banana)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread dish with parchment paper + grease
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, banana, oil, nut butter and vanilla until creamy
- Mix in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder until smooth (you can also mix in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts if desired!)
- Add to bread dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean!)
- Allow the bread to cool then slice and enjoy
*I haven’t tested any subs
**Store in airtight container for 5 days or freezer for longer