The Best Paleo Cinnamon Roll Muffins made with just 6 key ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil and non-dairy milk. A delicious and easy muffin recipe to make for breakfast or to snack on.
I might as well just throw the towel in and call it a day now because these are the best muffins I have ever eaten in my LIFE.
That is a bold statement to make – I know. But seriously these cinnamon roll muffins are truly insane and one of my most favorite recipes on the blog.
These muffins were 100% inspired by my Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread and my Healthy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. Except this recipe is paleo and the ingredients are tweaked a bit. No banana, no unsweetened applesauce and they are even more simple to make than my usual recipes. No added sugar to your cinnamon rolls or muffins over here. Plus there is no yeast needed in these!
But really, these muffins only require 6 key ingredients. They are truly one of the easiest recipes to make and they will be ready in under 20 minutes.
I love having a couple of these muffins for breakfast with some coconut yogurt and nut butter. With a little extra granola for a crunch of course too. They also make for a delicious snack whenever you want a little something sweet and they are surprisingly lower in sugar than you may think. I use coconut sugar to sweeten them so these muffins are not only gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo, but they are also refined sugar-free too.
What you need to make easy Paleo Cinnamon Roll Muffins:
- Almond flour. Lots and lots of almond flour. The main ingredient in these muffins. I haven’t tested oat flour or an alternative but you can likely use oat flour, just a little less!
- Tapioca flour. I add a little bit of this in the muffins for consistency and thicken it. You can also use arrowroot too.
- Garden of Life Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil. Use this in solidified form – not melted! Their coconut oil is my absolute favorite. It isn’t too overpowering in coconut flavor and is USDA organic and super versatile. You can use it in the kitchen but also for various things for skincare, household things etc.
- Non-dairy milk. Always look for ones with little to no gums and natural flavors. So silly to add into the milks!
- Pasture-raised eggs. I haven’t tested flax egg here but it should work! If you test it and have success, let me know!
- Coconut sugar. The sweetener in these. I love using this sugar option and mixed with cinnamon it is so delicious.
A few of my other favorite recipes from the blog: The Best Paleo Pumpkin Banana Bread Muffins, The Best Gluten-free Blueberry Muffins (egg-free + nut-free) and Healthy Bakery Style Banana Spice Muffins (gluten-free). Oh and don’t forget about all of these healthy breakfasts ideas.Print
The Best Paleo Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Cinnamon Roll Muffins made with gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients and no refined sugars. A delicious and healthy muffin to bake for breakfast or to snack on during the week.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 18-20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 10-12 muffins 1x
Cinnamon Roll Muffins:’
- 2 pasture-raised eggs at room temperature*
- 4 tablespoons softened coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups almond flour*
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon sugar swirl:
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil (I melted this one)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and milk
- Mix in the sugar, flours, baking powder and cinnamon until smooth and creamy
- Fill each muffin about half way
- Mix together the swirl ingredients in small bowl then add about 1 teaspoon on top of each
- Add remaining batter on top of each muffin then sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or toothpick comes out clean
*I haven’t tested flax egg or another flour
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in!